Triggered // October 1
WHAT DO I NEED TO ASK?
- (Icebreaker) Have you ever gone to a rage room? If you went to one, what would you do first?
- What do you picture when you hear the word “anger”? How does Ecclesiastes 7:9 describe anger?
- How prevalent is anger in your life? How would your family/friends/coworkers answer that for you?
- Give a recent example when you have felt justified in your anger or frustration. How did it show in your actions, words, and/or thoughts?
- Tell your group about a time you chose to let go of your anger. What was the sacrifice, and what was the gain?
- Ephesians 4:31 and Colossians 3:8 tell us to get rid of anger. Where in your life this week can you be open to unclenching your fist and getting rid of anger?
- Based on the sermon and what we’ve talked about just now, what is one thing you’re going to focus on this week to look more like Jesus?